6:30pm - SHOW START
6:30-7:00 - Interview: Glynn Loope, Cigar Rights of America
An avid cigar enthusiast, Glynn brings over twenty years of government relations and public arena involvement to CRA.
Prior to assuming his role as CRA's executive director, Glynn was the founder and president of Commonwealth Advance, LLC in Virginia - a leading government relations and business development consulting firm.
Although Glynn had carved out a niche in raising government funds for worthwhile public and private sector projects, it was working for the Cigar Association of Virginia that brought him to the world of "the politics of cigars." From 2006 to 2008, Glynn represented the Cigar Association of Virginia, working with the state's professional tobacconists in amassing a pro-business coalition to fight intrusive smoking ban legislation.
Glynn also worked as a Legislative Assistant to former members of the Virginia House and Senate, for the University of Virginia's Center for Public Service, as well as, local and regional government organizations.
7:00-7:15pm Debonaire Ideal: How Not To Be An Ash
- Don't smoke while you are hunting (deer primarily), but do smoke while you fish
- Don't smoke in mixed company at the family BBQ, but do take a few friends and family to an isolated spot and share a stogie
- Don't fill your ashtrays with cigars in your mancave and leave them for your guests, but do encourage your guests to help fill them
- Don't stink up your friend/wife/mom's/rental car with cigar stench, but do enjoy stogies on the road in your own car
- Don't leave a huge pile of ashes on the floor/char/rug/yourself, but do let the ash hang until its ready
7:15pm-8:00pm Stogies of the Week