11:30AM - Debonaire Ideal - Cigar Pairings: The Rules
DEBONAIRE LOGO ON THE TV
- Pair with whatever you like - Try to pair bold cigars with bold drinks - Try to pair bold cigars with mild drinks - Typically pairing a mild cigar with a bold drink is not good - Coffee tends to pair with everything - Never pair with Orange juice, acidic drinks (grapefruit, grape, sour drinks)
Jose Blanco: "You have 4 components to taste: sour, bitter, sweet and salty" I'll add savory, but can see why you may omit this one (Umami (/uˈmɑːmi/), a savory taste, is one of the five basic tastes (together with sweetness, sourness, bitterness, and saltiness). A loanword from the Japanese (うま味?), umami can be translated as "pleasant savory taste".
11:45AM - Stogies of the week
REGULAR AD ROTATION ON SCREEN
- Saga Cigars - EVEN
- Boutique Blends EVEN
MENTION EVENTS and Sponsor Promotions
- Roberto Duran, Blend Cigar Bar, Indianapolis 11/5
- Roberto Duran, Bluegrass Cigar Suite Cincinnati 11/5
- Roberto Duran, Jungle Jim's Eastgate Humidor Cincinnati 11/6
- Boutique Blends - Food Channel NYC Wine and Food presented in part by Aging Room Cigars. 10/17 - www.NYCWFF.org
- Phil Zanghi, Cigar Monkey Merced, A 10/16
- MBombay Cigar Aficionado Giveaway
PUT THE D'CROSSIER LOGO IN THE LOWER THIRD IN THIS SEGMENT!!! .
- Contest question:
Voicemail Phone: (781) 437-7833
- Prize Pack 160
12:45PM - Stogie Shorts - 5 Common Cigar Misconceptions
- Maduro is a type of plant or leaf
- Ligero is a type of seed
- Cameroon is a region in central america
- darker wrapper cigars are bolder in strength, lighter wrappers are milder
- There is no such thing as smoking a cigar too fast (evaporates the oils according to Jose B.)
1:00 PM - Stogie Geeks News
- Tabaquero by Hamlet (Rocky Patel)
- Drew Estate Churchill Limited Hits the Market
- El Catador de los Petite Robustos
Will's Intro - 8:20PM-8:30PM
This week we welcome back Cigar Hall of Famer Jose Seijas of Matilde Cigars ! In the Debonaire ideal segment this week we talk the rules of cigar pairings in the stogies of the week I go to the Oasis and Paul COVERS a new favorite from Avo.
Jose Seijas - enrique.seijas
Powered by the G Unit Studios in Rhode Island and broadcasting from Studio C in North Carolina, where cigars burn slow, ashes fall fast and cocktails flow steady its Stogie Geeks show!
This week we welcome Jose ....
- General Cigar - Partagas
- AJ Even
- Duran Premium Cigars
- Havana Cigar Club
Welcome everyone to the Stogie Geeks show, this is episode 158 for October 1st, 2015 and I'm your host Paul Asadoorian. '
On the lines via Skype from NC it Wiiiiiiiiiill Cooper!
Interview: 8:30PM-9:10PM: Jose
1.For folks who might not be familiar, where did the name Matilde come from?
2.What was the decision to create an Oscuro?
3. What are the blend components? Some follow-on discussion
4. What sizes are available? Some follow-on discussion
5. What is the profile you were looking for on the Matilde Oscura?
6. A lot of people are using San Andres wrapper. What do you attribute the popularity of such a wrapper
7.Recap the Renacer line - and the recently released Lancero earlier this year.
8.You recently have entered into a collaboration with Quesada Cigars, talk a little about the reason for that decision.
9.How has it been like working with your sons?
10.With the challenges of FDA Regulation in the U.S., are you looking to other markets for your cigar.
11.What are your thoughts on the opening up of Cuba?
12.How are things going at Tabacalera Matilde? How has been the adjustment going from a large factory to a smaller one
13.In your long career, what projects are you most proud of.
14.Any other cigars you enjoy besides your own
15.What is next for Matilde Cigars?