Intro - 8:30PM-8:35PM
This week we go unlock the Asylum with Tom Lazuka ! In the Debonaire ideal segment this week we talk music with our guest host Dave Burck, in the stogies of the week I get some Therapy while Dave comes back from La Mission.
- Dave Burck - anna.burck
- Tom Lazuka - Thomas.lazuka6
Powered by the G Unit Studios in Rhode Island and broadcasting from Studio C in North Carolina, where cigars burn slow, ashes fall fast and cocktails flow steady its Stogie Geeks show!
- General Cigar - Partagas
- Defiant Whiskey
- Saga Cigars - ODD - Golden Age
Welcome everyone to the Stogie Geeks show, this is episode 157 for September 24, 2015 and I'm your host..... '
Joining us tonight, filling in for Paul we have Mr Dave Burck of Cigar Jukebox.
Interview: 8:35PM-9:20PM: Tom Interview
- Prior to founding Asylum Cigars, what were you doing before you got into the cigar industry and how did you get into the cigar industry
- What was the original concept behind Asylum Cigars? (My thoughts are Asylum is the brand under CLE that goes against the grain and does everything different)
- Was Asylum always a partnership with Christian Eiroa or did that happen later on?
- Asylum has become one of the fastest growing brands in the last five years - building up a huge amount of brands and facings. What has led to that? Also, many of the lines are regular production as opposed to limited edition - how have you managed to keep the lines going so strong
- Discussion around Asylum 13 ? Nicarguan - Authentic Corojo
- Discussion around Schizo
- Discussion around the Asylum Premium line. Discuss how the 4 x 44 gave Asylum its first CA rating.
- Discussion around the Big Sizes? Is 80 the limit? What is someone wanted you to do a 9 x 90? Have you thought of going 80 with other vitolas like a perfecto, belicoso, etc?
- DAVE: - Is it difficult to get the right balance of flavors in a 70 rg cigar with all that tobacco.
- Discussion around Ogre - originally a 70 (seems blended to a 70). Other sizes introduced. This seems to be one of the most successful barber poles released.
- Discussion around the Straight Jacket - what was the concept with that.
- Discussion around Insidious
- Discussion around the Asylum Dragon's Milk line? Introduced as Double Corona. Thoughts of bringing it back. Milk box packaging.
- Discussion around Nyctophelia -a TAA cigar
- Discussion around Asylum 33
- - Dave: What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome in cigars?
- Dave: What cigar are you most proud of?
- Talk about Michigan Sports
- What's next
- Five Questions (if time allows)
Debonaire Ideal: 9:250PM-10:00PM:
DEBONAIRE LOGO ON THE TV
Discuss 5 Albums (Any Five Albums that you want to talk about that you think are great)
Stogies Of The Week 10:00PM-11:00PM
SWITCH BACK TO ROTATING LOGOS
PUT THE D'CROSSIER LOWER THIRD IN!
- AJ ODD - NEW WORLD
- Boutique Blends ODD - Aging Room - LA BOHEME
- Tatuaje AVion 13 FF
- Nomad Therapy Maduro
- Asylum 33
- Casa Magna D.Magnus II TAA Exclusive Hadrian
- Tatuaje Federal Cigar 90th Reserva: Fight Chuck Norris
- Paul Stulac Red Screaming Sun Toro: Box
- RoMa Craft Intemperance BA A.W.S.: Box Split
- Drew Estate KFC Chunky: Try one / Fiver
- L'Atelier La Mission 1989: Box Split
- Contest question: TBD (Prize Pack 157)