- 1 Stogie Geeks Shorts - La Aurora Preferidos Cameroon Corona - 5:30PM-6:00PM
- 2 Paul's Intro - 8:20PM-8:30PM
- 3 Interview: 9:00PM-9:30PM: Rocky Patel, Rocky Patel Premium Cigars
- 4 Brandon Wilson, Wilson & Adams Cigars - 9:30PM-9:45PM
- 5 Debonaire Ideal - 9:45PM-10:15PM
- 6 Stogies Of The Week 10:15PM-11:00PM
Stogie Geeks Shorts - La Aurora Preferidos Cameroon Corona - 5:30PM-6:00PM
Paul & Todd
Paul's Intro - 8:20PM-8:30PM
Cut to Paul (No Music) [MUTE ALL OTHER MICS]
This week we interview Russ Sutton from cutters cigar emporium, and none other than Rocky Patel! We talk about cigar travel cases, and discuss lots of awesome cigars in our stogies of the week. Stay tuned!
[Music] - Cut to Stogie Geeks Logo [MUTE ALL OTHER MICS]
Broadcasting live from G Unit Studios in Rhode Island, its the Stogie Geeks show!
[Music] - Cut to sponsor logos [MUTE ALL OTHER MICS]
And by A.J. Fernandez Cigars, makers of the San Lotano, one of the most talked about cigars in recent years is now offered in a ground-breaking line extension; The San Lotano Bull. The San Lotano Bull features an extensively aged, and hearty core of Nicaraguan long-fillers, nestled beneath an attractive Ecuador Sumatra wrapper. Housed in a cedar sleeve which depicts the outline of a bull only solidifies this cigar as a full flavored cigar. Removing the sleeve reveals a box press cigar with a beautiful oily and smooth chocolate brown wrapper. The San Lotano Bull burns nice and neat as it issues columns of smoke, hitting you with a wall of spice followed by leather and cedar. This densely packed cigar intensifies in deep, rich flavors and becomes a flavor bomb halfway through; only getting better with each passing draw. Strong yet smooth and perfectly balanced, A.J. Fernandez, who many have called a tobacco prodigy, has somehow pushed the already spectacular San Lotano line of cigars forward with the Bull. A.J. Fernandez challenges you to take on the Bull - Cigar Snob’s #8 Cigar of the Year for 2014.
This segment is brought to you by the Southern Cigar Festival. The Southern Cigar Festival is a world class cigar event coming to Atlanta, Georgia. On Saturday June 6th from 2pm to 8pm, the Verizon Ampitheater at Encore Park home to the largest cigar event ever in the State of Georgia. GUESTS will receive premium cigars from thirty-five cigar manufacturers hailing from nine different countries. There will also be personal guest appearances from many of the big name cigar makers and industry personalities. In addition, the Southern Cigar Festival will feature prizes, raffles, live music and plenty of food and drink. Be sure to check out the limited VIP Tickets and even more limited private VIP Box packages which include early access to the event and plenty of additional amenities. Tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster and on the event website at www.southerncigarfestival.com. Tickets are going fast, so get yours today!
[Music] - Cut to Paul [Fade Music]
Welcome everyone to the Stogie Geeks show, this is episode 140 for May 14, 2015 and I'm your host Paul Asadoorian. '
[Cut to Will]
On the lines via Skype from NC it Wiiiiiiiiiill Cooper!
Interview: Russ Sutton, Southern Cigar Festival & Cutters Cigar Emporium - 8:30PM-9:00PM
My skype address is russsutton53 I’m actually attending the Cigar Spirits event in Newport Beach
Talking points for your review:
- Southern Cigar Festival; first big smoke event in over 20 years; long time coming
- Ticket sales are great; our Platinum VIP reception ticket is almost sold out
- Our Gold VIP tickets are still available; includes private VIP comfort boxes under the amphitheater canopy
- We have 37 vendor/exhibitors; 12 countries represented.
- Grand prize is a $1200 Big Green Egg fully loaded accessories
- Also, a Gurkha Louis infused cigar (retail $1000)
- We are giving something away every 15 minutes (raffles)
- We are over 600 tickets sold and expect to hit about 800+ .
- This is not a one and done event. We have a 5 year contract with Verizon Amphitheatre.
- Southern Hospitality at its best; about 6 beautiful models; spectacular venue; none of its kind
- Two live bands. One is a Cuban band; the other is Southern Rock.
- We will showcase a brand new My Father Cigar that was made and blended exclusively for Cutters by Jamie Garcia. New release at this event.
- We will also showcase another new cigar that I have blended from the DR. It’s our Monolito Dominicana
- We have a huge collection of Fuente fine and rare cigars that are collectables including some aged OpusX and Don Carlos.
- We will have two of the new Padron 5oth anniversary with the pearl white humidors. Very rare as you know.
- Each attendee will receive a very nice sling tote bag with cutter and lighter.
- I am very passionate about cigars but even more so with the relationships that we have built with the cigar families; I wanted to do this event to share with our folks in Atlanta. I want to deliver the ultimate big smoke event and experience.
Event starts at 2pm until 8pm. Gates will open for general tickets at 1:30
- Platinum VIP Reception is from 12 till 1:30pm. Food, cocktails, beer, wine, and meet and greet. (I have credentials for you for VIP)
- Gold ticket include 30 cigars ($150)
- Silver ticket includes 15 cigars ($90)
- Our bronze buddy or companion ticket is $35 (and it includes 2 cigars)
About Cutters Cigar Emporium:
- I opened Cutters June 2012. The Southern Cigar Festival celebrates our 3rd year anniversary.
- I have spent 20 years in the hospitality (hotels) industry renovating hotels to enhance the guest experience.
- Cutters was my dream and opportunity to build a cigar store and lunge that would enhance the cigar smoking experience. We believe we represent the new generation of cigar enthusiasts. *Respecting the cigar, enhancing the comfort and enjoyment of smoking a cigar. My staff has embraced the hospitality model that I have created. Premium cigars along with warm friendly service, have contributed to our success. We are currently negotiating a second location which I cannot share just yet.
Looking forward to tomorrow. Thanks Will for your support. Russ Reach me by cell at 404-277-4197 I will be in a conference from 3:30 until 6pm your time tomorrow. Otherwise call me if you need to chat.
Interview: 9:00PM-9:30PM: Rocky Patel, Rocky Patel Premium Cigars
This segment is sponsored by Saga Cigars. Every new blend borrows from the past and the Saga Blend No.7 has done just that. It is the perfect combination of timeless knowledge of traditional tobaccos and the newer balance that today's cigar enthusiasts come to expect and love in a finer cigar. Leveraging six generations of experience and tradition of the Reyes family, the Saga Blend No. 7 delivers a unique full flavor, medium-bodied cigar. The cigar is highlighted by a Brazilian wrapper over a blend of Central American and Dominican tobacco. Available in three sizes at an affordable price, the Saga Blend No. 7 is sure to please and bring together and past and present.
And by Duran Premium Cigars, one the fastest growing boutique cigar companies, providing smokers a portal into the old Cuban tradition of perfect balance and the lost art of progressive flavor construction. Roberto Pelayo Duran began his career in tobacco over two decades ago in Havana, where his reputation grew within Cuban circles. The creation of Duran Premium Cigars has given Roberto the platform to introduce a series of cigars that offer the same quality, construction, and detail, which he perfect while in Cuba. Brands include the ultra-premium Roberto P. Duran Premium Cigar series, Azan Cigars, Neya, and Baracoa. Duran Cigars uses a “seed to humidor” approach, as all tobacco is grown on their farms and rolled in their factory in Estelí, Nicaragua. Rollers have been carefully chosen, to carry out Roberto’s precise method, to insure the progressive flavor in each cigar. Progressive flavor construction is an old Cuban technique, where the cigar is designed to increase in strength as the cigar is smoked. This technique, combined with premium tobacco, provides a perfectly balanced and pleasurable smoking experience. Duran Cigars invites you to make their premium, your standard.
- How did you get started in the cigar industry?
- Amongst Stogie Geeks your original Olde World Reserve cigar is held in high praises. Everyone tells me how awesome this cigar was, but then something changed in the blend and it didn't hit people's pallets the same way. Could you explain this mystery so we can put this issue to bed?
- Vintage 1990 and Vintage 1992 were some of your first blends to really take the market by storm, what, in your opinion, was special about these blends? What continues to appeal to folks 12 years later?
- The Decade and Edge are two iconic cigars in the industry, what led to their popularity?
- When I talk to even the most casual cigar smoker, they seem to have brand recognition and typically say to me “Oh, have you tried Rocky Patel cigars? They are awesome!”. What are the secrets to your success for such amazing brand awareness?
- How many cigars do your factories produce in a given year?
- How do you maintain the integrity of that many cigars leaving the factory, in terms of construction, flavor consistency, burn, and draw?
- What is your process for coming up with a new cigar, does it start with an idea of flavor, experience, intended customer or something else?
- Of all the cigars you've blended and produced, which one is your favorite?
- You started in Honduras, what led to the choice in the beginning to use farms and factories in Honduras? Do you own your own farms and factories or is much still sourced from partners?
- What’s it been like to grow into Nicaragua for cigar production?
- What is some of your favorite tobacco to work with and why? What is some of the more difficult tobacco to work with, and does it have a high reward for your efforts?
- We've been particularly impressed with the Super Ligero, Decade Cameroon, and Prohibition releases. All very different releases, what are the highlights of these blends?
- Tell us about the Royale, recently receiving a #5 rating from Cigar Aficionado for 2014.
- What’s is like working with your brother Nish and cousin, Nimish?
- Tell us about the project your are currently working on in India
- Cigar Rights: You sacrifice a lot of time to help protect our rights as cigar smokers, and we appreciate that greatly. Where are we heading in the next 6 months in terms of cigar legislation? What’s the call to action?
- What cigars and/or projects are you working on currently that may come out next?
- To be announced...
Brandon Wilson, Wilson & Adams Cigars - 9:30PM-9:45PM
[Cut to Will]
- How did you get started in the cigar industry?
- Three words to describe yourself
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of ass grabby-grabby
Debonaire Ideal - 9:45PM-10:15PM
[Run Debonaire Commercial]
[Cut to Debonaire Logo]
And by Debonaire Cigars, visit www.stogiegeeks.com/debonaire for a list of retailers who carry Debonaire. Buy some today and get a little more Debonaire!
[Cut to Paul]
Choosing The Right Travel Case
Stogies Of The Week 10:15PM-11:00PM
The Havana Cigar Club, located in Warwick, Rhode Island its a great place to enjoy a drink and a cigar! Stogie Geeks listeners can find a $5.00 coupon on our web site by click the HCC logo.
'And by Aged Selects provides cigar enthusiasts with premium long filler cigars aged at least five years at an extraordinary price. The expert buyers at Aged Selects go to the factories of major manufacturers and buy cigars that have been aging for years. The team at Aged Selects inspect them, smoke them, and packages them up to ensure you are getting the best quality cigar to smoke. The best part is they are provided to you at an affordable price. Order them at www.cigarfrontier.com.
This segment is brought to you by MBombay Cigars. MBombay cigars represent the most admired cigar culture of Cuba. They select the best of the best quality tobacco to use in the aging process. MBombay cigars are then rolled in Costa Rica by some of the most experienced cigar rollers, giving it a unique smoking experience. The band portrays the detailed and artistic nature of our small industry. Try the MBombay Kesara , MBombay Mora, and the recently released MBombay Habano. MBombay Cigars, where the cigar is a way of life.
- Check out the new Cien Anos!
- The new MBombay Cans has been announced (Cut to Photo - LINK HERE===> []
- Contest question: